Windows 11 was released on Oct 5th. We are still recommending that anyone using software for their work, check with the software manufacturer before updating. Also, check with your Managed Services provider before upgrading any equipment so they can ensure you won’t have any issues upon upgrading. Once you have the all-clear to upgrade, these are some features you may enjoy.
- Windows 11 allows the download and use of Android apps
- Widgets. – It is a customizable feed of information on the side of the pc such as weather, calendar and a to-do list
- Microsoft Teams is now more integrated with the operating system, making chats easier
- Multiple Desktops – Now you can create separate virtual desktops depending on tasks. You may want a different desktop for work and personal use with different icons or wallpapers.
- Snap layouts – Probably the best new feature for productivity is the ability to better “snap” different apps to different sections of your screen. This allows for enhanced productivity typically reserved for people with multiple monitors.