What types of Protections are Required?
The specific cybersecurity protections required will vary depending on the insurance company and the type of policy.
However, some common cybersecurity protections that are often required to obtain cyber insurance include:
- Firewall: A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules and policies. Firewalls help to protect against unauthorized access to sensitive information.
- Encryption: Encryption is the process of converting plain text into unreadable code. Many cyber insurance policies require companies to encrypt all sensitive data, including credit card numbers, during transmission and storage.
- Access controls: Access controls are security measures that limit access to sensitive data based on a user’s role and level of clearance. Many cyber insurance policies require companies to have controls in place to ensure that only authorized personnel can access sensitive data.
- Vulnerability scanning: Vulnerability scanning is the process of identifying and assessing the vulnerabilities of a network or system. Many cyber insurance policies require companies to regularly scan their networks and systems for vulnerabilities in order to identify and remediate potential weaknesses.
- Incident response: Incident response is a set of procedures and protocols that a company follows in the event of a security incident. Many cyber insurance policies require companies to have an incident response plan in place to help detect and respond to security breaches in a timely and effective manner.
- Employee training: Many cyber insurance policies require companies to provide regular cybersecurity training to their employees to help them recognize and prevent cyber threats.
It’s important to note that this is not an exhaustive list, as technologies and standards are subject to change and updates.
Am I compliant? What do I need?
This is where we are here to help. Plus 1 Technology is an industry leader in technology solutions for small businesses. We offer our assessment typically for $999. For a limited quantity, we are offering a 50% discount! We are allowing firms to book their cyber insurance assessments now for only $499.
Our assessment doesn’t require admin passwords, network credentials, or any other IT-related information. Our assessment will let you know what your firm needs to address technically to meet these new guidelines. We schedule a quick 45-minute call after the assessment to discuss our findings. After our report is delivered you are under no obligation to purchase any products or services from us. If you wish to use our services to remediate the issues we have uncovered, we will provide you with a $100 credit.
Want to know if your organization will meet cyber insurance requirements?
Use the form below to reserve one of our discounted assessments. Act fast there are only 11 assessments left at this price.