What protections do they require?
In order to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), companies that accept credit or debit card payments must have certain technologies in place. These include:
- Firewall: A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules and policies. Firewalls help to protect against unauthorized access to sensitive information.
- Encryption: Encryption is the process of converting plain text into an unreadable code. PCI DSS requires that companies encrypt all sensitive data, including credit card numbers, during transmission and storage.
- Access controls: Access controls are security measures that limit access to sensitive data based on a user’s role and level of clearance. Companies must have controls in place to ensure that only authorized personnel can access sensitive data.
- Vulnerability scanning: Vulnerability scanning is the process of identifying and assessing the vulnerabilities of a network or system. Companies must regularly scan their networks and systems for vulnerabilities in order to identify and remediate potential weaknesses.
- Intrusion detection and prevention: Intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS) are used to detect and prevent unauthorized access to a network or system. These systems can help to detect and prevent hacking attempts and other forms of malicious activity.
- Incident response: Incident response is a set of procedures and protocols that a company follows in the event of a security incident. Companies need to have an incident response plan in place to help detect and respond to security breaches in a timely and effective manner.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list, as technologies and standards are subject to change and updates.
Am I compliant? What do I need?
This is where we are here to help. Plus 1 Technology is an industry leader in technology solutions for small businesses. We offer our PCI assessment typically for $1,000. For a limited quantity, we are discounting this 50% We are allowing healthcare firms to book their assessments now for only $499.
Our assessment doesn’t require admin passwords, network credentials, or any other IT-related information. Our assessment will let you know what your firm needs to address technically to meet these guidelines. We schedule a quick 45-minute call after the assessment to discuss our findings. After our report is delivered you are under no obligation to purchase any products or services from us. If you wish to use our services to remediate the issues we have uncovered, we will provide you with a $100 credit.
Want to know if your organization has the right technologies in place for PCI?
Use the form below to reserve one of our discounted assessments. Act fast there are only 8 assessments left at this price.