Now that the craziness of tax season is over, it is a great time to get some strategic planning done. While tax season is still fresh of mind, we recommend you make a list with these items:
- What was the biggest frustration during the season?
- What was the one thing that you and your staff were constantly battling with?
- What was the largest productivity killer?
- What was the one thing that you or your staff experienced that was eating up your time?
- What was the best improvement over last year?
- What went much better this year than last year?
- Were there any setbacks from last year?
- Did anything go worse than the previous year?
- What is one thing you can do to lower the stress level of tax season?
These 5 questions can help you plan for making next year the best year yet! After answering these questions, come up with a plan to address them. How can you eliminate or at least minimize the frustrations and productivity losses?