We all want to send our prospects an email, postcard, flyer, or some other marketing and have them buy from us. Unfortunately, we all know it isn’t that easy. When we send our campaigns only about 1-2% of the prospects are looking to make a purchase for the products/services we sell. What do we do about the other 98% of prospects? If you only send a one-time campaign, they will either promptly ignore your email, throw away your postcard, or ignore your call. If you are in a professional services business or any industry where your client’s lifetime value is high you must add some drip campaigns to our marketing efforts.
These drip campaigns can be a newsletter, a scheduled email, quarterly postcards, or some other ongoing communication. The goal of these campaigns is to keep your company in front of your prospects so when the time comes and they either get upset at their current provider or need your services for the first time, your name is the only one top-of-mind. The content of these communications shouldn’t be a constant sales message but content that your prospects want to read. The content should be engaging and cover industry topics that they may be concerned about. Most importantly, doing it makes your company stand out above 90% of your competition that won’t do it!